ILS supports clients considering manufacturing acquisitions by performing operations
due diligence. This involves a systematic, detailed review of operating systems
and processes to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Core operational systems mapping and assessment,
- Product flow and facility layout assessment
- Review of inventory management, scheduling and production control systems
- Effectiveness of existing systems for labor and equipment capacity management
- Effectiveness of IT support systems
- Performance analysis of key processes
- Assessment of operations management structure and practices
- Quality systems assessment and
- Assessment of existing levels of efficiency and waste.
In addition, ILS will create short and long term future state visions
for operations subject to structured improvement activity. The short term vision
will focus on high payback, readily implemented, no or low capital improvements
to enable significant reductions in operating costs or countermeasure critical operational
problems. The long term vision will identify improvements with high payoff that
may require development of advanced processes and systems over time and clearly
justified technology and capital investment.
ILS is also capable of helping our clients implement the planned
improvements to realize the identified benefits.